Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Habitat For Humanity Crop


This past Saturday I attended my first ever, Habitat for Humanity Crop fundraiser. There were about thirteen people in attendance. I attended with my friend Lori. All I can say that the women who attended where “hardcore” scrap-bookers. I had the appearance of looking “hardcore” outfitted with my scrapbook tote, craft scissors, double sided tape, stickers, and 12 X12 paper. I used to be into scrapbooking when I was younger but haven’t done it for ages. For those of you that know Dan he is always trying to get me into hobbies. All the scrapbooking stuff I do have is because of him!! These women had big totes with wheels, stamps, ribbons, brads, precise paper cutters, paper punch-outs, and special glue and tape for vellum paper. It was Crazy!! As I walked around the room surveying these women’s pages I realized I had never scrapbooked. I cut out pictures and put stickers on the pages (honestly that is still what I do and I like it). Needless to say these women had been doing this for a long time and spent a lot of time and money doing it.

I left Alex with Dan for the day as we ventured out at about 9:00am, had breakfast, went on a walk and then headed to MCR for a day of scrapbooking. We were thinking about only staying for a few hours but then once we got started we couldn’t stop. We stayed until 9:30pm – 12 hours!!! The time flew by.
Since I have not been away from Alex for that long – I decided to bring my pump. Lori insisted that if I didn’t I would be hurting at the end of the day. I am so glad she convinced me. I had to use one of the labor and delivery rooms on the fifth floor. The nurses were super nice and complemented me for pumping. If it weren’t for the nurses letting me use a room, I would have been relegated to the bathroom. One of the elderly ladies that volunteers at MCR first told me I could just use the lobby to pump. Apparently she has never seen anyone pump before – it is not something you can easily do discreetly that is for sure. For those of you who have pumped, you know that sitting on a toilet is not the most comfortable place to pump.
All and all it was a good day! I called a few times to check on Daddy and Alex. Daddy said that Alex was happy and perfect the entire day. Go – figure!! (Alex is a really good boy) Alex took a four and half hour nap, didn’t eat every three hours, didn’t get a bath but I know he had a great time with Daddy and that is all I care about!!

No comments:

Contributors