Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thankfulness

As I was walking on the Cathy Fromme Trail the other day, the Lord laid on my heart that I need to be thankful for all that He has done for me.

I need to be thankful that Jesus came and led a sinless life, died a horrible death on the cross, and paid for my sin so that I could enter into a relationship with God. I can now stand before Him, no longer separated by my sin. I take that for granted sometimes. I don't live each day mindful of that price He paid. I get distracted and busy like most humans do. Jesus is the most important person in my life. I need to be thankful that I have a relationship with Him. I would like to start posting about what I am thankful for and share what He is teaching me. I will also post pictures and other silly things that I think are fun. Now that I stay home with Alex (another thing I am extremely thankful and blessed to be able to do), I have more time. You might say how is that possible with a 7 month old? Alex takes naps in the afternoons but also I dictate our schedule. I don't have to cram everything into the evenings after dinner or weekends. This is another thing I am thankful for. I can experiment with new recipes, take long walks, watch Alex grow, spend time with grandma and grandpa Long, put time into the relationships that the Lord leads me to, and reflect on God's word.

I am excited for what the Lord is doing in the Frank family!!! God is molding Dan and I daily into the people He wants us to be. It is a slow process that seems to take forever but it is worth it!One of Alex's Bible songs is ringing in my head..."Rise and Shine and give God the Glory, Glory!!"... That is what I am going to do...remember the Lord and give Him the glory for the wonderful things He has done!!

No comments:

Contributors