Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Healthy Made - up Recipes

Well as one can see I have not posted on this blog in ages!!!

I thought I would post a couple of quick and easy recipes that I made up recently. Our refrigerator was almost empty so it left me no choice but to use stuff I already had in my freezer and pantry.

My new FAVORITE...for a snack or for lunch

PEANUT BUTTER AND APPLE TORTILLA

1 organic whole wheat tortilla
1 apple
1 Tablespoon of honey
2 Tablespoons of Natural Chunky Peanut Butter

You can see where I might be going with this...
Step 1: Spread peanut butter on tortilla
Step 2: Cut up apples into thin slices then put on top of peanut butter
Step 3: Drizzle honey on top of the apples
Step 4: Fold Tortilla and Enjoy!!

There you have it ... a healthy snack or lunch in my case!!

BROWN FRIED RICE WITH SOYBEANS AND GROUND ITALIAN TURKEY

3 Cups Brown Rice
5 Eggs Scrambled
Fresh Ginger (if you have it)
2 bunches of Green Onions
1 Cup Shelled Edamame
1 Pkg of Italian Ground Turkey

Steam Rice. Scramble Eggs and Remove to plate after cooked. Chop Green Onions. Saute Green Onions and Ginger in a little bit of canola oil. Then add Ground Turkey and brown meat. Meanwhile in a pot boil soybeans until done (about 5 minutes). Add soybeans and eggs to the Ground Turkey. Then pour rice into the saute pan with the ground turkey. Mix well and add a little more canola oil and low sodium soy sauce...fry for a few minutes and there you have it!!!

A cheap lunch or dinner option with lots of protein and fiber...

No comments:

Contributors